Q: Can you treat the Coronoavirus?
A: No. Heilpraktiker are restricted by German law not to treat any infectious deseases. Any patient showing any symptoms of an infectious disease as stipulated by the law will need to be reported to the local Health Authority and thus referred to the public health system.
Q: What are your hygienic measures?
1. Single use, sterile acupuncture needles
2. Single use paper covers for the treatment table
3. All point locations are swiped with a desinfectant before they are needled.
4. Single use face masks are available for the practitioner and the patient
5. Door handles and those areas touched by patients are swiped with a desinfectant prior to each session.
6. There is a documented cleaning plan for the toilet, waiting area and treatment rooms.
Q: What are you treating?
A: The full range of ailments and health problems for which patients have been seeking acupuncture treatments:
- musculoskeletal illnesses
- mental health problems & issues
- chronic diseases
Q: In case, what is your policy when a patient or one of the practitioners has been informed of a positive Coronavirus test result?
A: We will notify patients with pending appointments and all patients, who have visited our premises after 1st of March 2020 via e-mail or phone of any notifications from our local health authority (pertaining to the operation of the acupuncture clinic in our premises or patient safety).
Q: I am living in Frankfurt: What do I do when I suspect that I have caught the Coronavirus?
A: Take the following steps:
- Self-isolate (stay at home).
- Contact i.e. call your local GP / health clinic (where you are a registered patient).
- Await further instructions from your local GP.
In case you need to stay in self-isolation organise your own support network of relatives, friends, colleagues from work:
- Arrange the provision of food and other amenities without putting other people at risk.
- Keep regular contact with relatives, friends or work colleague to ensure that in case of a health or mental health situation you can get a first line support.
- Follow instructions and guidance provide by your GP / doctor.
If this is not possible or you face a worsening health or mental health crisis contact the emergency services.
General advice with regard to health emergencies in Germany in English: From the website Justlanded
Last update: 17.3.2020