Iron-men & Iron-women!
You bought the ticket for the Frankfurt Ironman in July, you booked the hotel, vacation was granted and you prepared yourself over the last 6 months.
Yet, you just got an acute injury or a chronic problem has been kicking in again. Maybe you don’t feel in top shape, despite a rigorous & disciplined training schedule?
During the week & weekend before the Frankfurt Ironman, I have treatment slots for 4 sports-men / -women. For those I will use all the tools and techniques from Sports Acupuncture, Dry Needling, Chinese Acupuncture, Japanese acupuncture and Chinese Manual Therapy (Tuina) to get them back on track.
What do you need to bring to the table:
a) Best results are achieved if I can start at least 5 days before the race.
b) After each appointment, you need to eat a light soup (Chinese, Vietnamese, Thai, Italian Minestrone pick your favourite one) and you need to go back to the hotel and rest for 1 to 2 hours.
c) You need to go to bed early with a light dinner and show up for the appointments.
Treatment schedule before the Ironman in Frankfurt
How does a typical schedule look like? Here is a treatment schedule typical for an acute musculoskeletal injury:
Day 5: Sports Acupuncture, Dry Needling, deep Tuina work, if indicated local bloodletting (Pricking)
Day 4: Constitutional acupuncture and light Tuina work
Day 3: Follow up: Sports Acupuncture, deep Tuina work. If indicated electro acupuncture
Day 2: Constitutional acupuncture and light Tuina work
Day 1: Acupuncture geared for maximum performance. As indicated:
- residual pain management
- Shen acupuncture (psycho-emotional treatment)
- boosting a specific organ for endurance (Lungs, Stomach / Spleen)
Day 0: The day of the race
Treatment modalities before the race
What do I use:
- Sports acupuncture
- FIN (Functional Integrated Needling) – Dr. Scappaticci and Dr. Peter Lundgren
- Dry Needling
- Cupping for fascia treatment or building up energy
- Gua Sha
- Electro Acupuncture – Pain Management
- Japanese Acupuncture – light needling to affect the balance of the Organs
- External herbal application – musculoskeletal injuries
- Pricking / bloodletting of congested micro areas (spider veins)
And the full range of Tuina (the manual therapy of Chinese Medicine):
- Tuina for musculoskeletal injuries
- Tuina for improving digestion
- Tuina for improving hip movement / range of motion
- Tuina for relieving chest muscles and the rib cage to treat performance-induced asthma
I also may show you:
- Stretching exercises according to Japanese Meridian Therapy
Treatments between Day 5 and 3 are “heavy”. Treatments on Days 2 is moderate. The treatment on Day 1 is using very light techniques.
Treatment & Resting before the Ironman race
During the 5 days: If you have a running problem I ask you to refrain from running and only do the minimum necessary – like testing your shoes. You may perform moderate training for swimming and biking. If you have an injury that flares up during biking or swimming, you rest with that modality instead.
My approach has 3 aims:
- Treat acute injuries
- Mitigate the negative impact of chronic injuries
- Treat your constitution and maximize your endurance
Remember acute and chronic injuries cannot be healed in such a short time. The aim is to enable you to start and finish the race.
If you are in excellent shape: My focus is on optimizing your performance.
If you are acutely injured: My focus is on treating the condition, so that you may start and finish the race.
If you are chronically injured or have a longstanding issue: My focus is on providing relief and stamina to help you start and finish the race.
No painkillers. No medication. I treat and put you in physical & mental position to make your own decision:
- to start the race
- to perform at a level, that enables you to stay within the safe range of your physical abilities
- to finish the race
Above all I want to make this an eye-opening experience for you how much better, safer and with less pain you can perform the race.
My acupuncture clinic is near the Römer
My clinic is located in the heart of Frankfurt – only 400 meters away from the Römer, where the Ironman and Frankfurt Marathon Finish is.
If you have questions, do not hesitate to contact me beforehand. I have only space for 4 individuals to ensure, that I can put all my efforts into treating them and run a reduced schedule on my regular clinic hours.
These 5 days are my “Ironman”. On the day of the race I will be an eager spectator and want to see you finish the race.
You can reserve a slot throughout the year. If you are located in Frankfurt, drop by beforehand and let’s discuss your situation.